Friday 10 January 2020

Guiding principals

The Guiding principal I chose was:  He pai te tirohanga ki ngā mahara mō ngā rā pahemo engari ka puta te māramatanga i runga i te titiro whakamua.   

In English this is: It’s fine to have recollections of the past, but wisdom comes from being able to prepare opportunities for the future.

My thought on this is that it is fine to be like my family, but its fine to be my own person too.  My family dont really like to write poems, but I quite enjoy them and sometimes do them for fun.  This gives me wisdom for my future.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alicia,

    What wise words to live by! I really like this idea of using our past experiences to prepare us for the future. I think that is wisdom in a nutshell!

    I like how you have interpreted this guiding principle into your own meaning as well. You are always apart of your family, but you are also your own human with thoughts and ideas.

    I love your little poem about Rosie as well! Poems are a great way to reflect and process your thoughts.

    Thanks for sharing this very insightful post with us Alicia :)

    Beren

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.