Saturday 11 January 2020

English to Shakespearean

English:
This morning I got up and gave the horses a bit of bread and the guinea pigs some grass. Rosie (my pony) has a brand new halter that is nice and soft. Then I went inside and ate breakfast. I had weet-bix for breakfast with lots of sugar! 

Shakespearean:
This m'rning i did get up and gaveth the h'rses a did bite of bread and the guinea pigs some grass.  Rosie (my pony) hast a brand new halt'r yond is nice and soft.  Then i wenteth inside and consumed breakfast.  I hadst weet-bix f'r breakfast with lots of sugar!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alicia,
    Well done I got such a laugh when I read your conversion of English to Shakespearean. I wonder if anyone else would understand you if you spoke in Shakespearean in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valorous m'rning Alicia,

    I am did please to heareth thy art taking careth of thy animals. How art thee finding rosie’s halt'r? Is't doing a valorous job?

    It sounds liketh thee hadst a delicious breakfast! I loveth weet-bix too, especially with a bite of sugar. Has't thee ev'r hath tried eating weet-bix with jameth? It sounds crazy, but tis actually quite delightful.

    Well done on your shakespearean blogpost! I has't a glorious chuckle reading it :)

    B'ren

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.