Wednesday 2 January 2019

Night owls and early rises

                                             Night owls and early rises  

 I am a night owl. I like to stay up late and read books. Sometimes when I turn the light off instead of going to sleep I think about stuff like "What am I going to the pony camp" or "What can I do to get better at horse riding. My Dad is a night owl too. I look a lot like more like farther when he was younger. My Mum is a early riser. She gets up at half past 5 to walk the dog. My Mum oftener goes to bed at 9:00 pm. My little brother (Mitchell) is a early riser like Mum. when he was a baby he got up at 5:00 am every morning (groan). Now Mitchell gets up at 6:00 am.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alicia,

    My name is Rachel and I am working on the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme. It is wonderful to see that you have joined the journey this year and posted so many activities already. Wow! You are on a roll. I have really enjoyed reading each of your posts. I particularly enjoyed this post because I could really relate to you description of your little brother's early morning routine. I would have also groaned if my brother got up at 5:00 a.m. That seems way too early to me!

    Having said that, I have recently started getting up quite early in order to get to the gym before work. I usually wake up between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. I see that your mom also gets up around half past five to walk your god. What kind of dog do you have?

    My family had a border collie named Taiga when I was growing up. She was such a sweet dog - very loving and compassionate. She used to come and curl up at our feet and give us lots of kisses every time that she saw us. At the time, she was our own only pet. I can see that you have other pets, including a pony named Rosie. Is Rosie the pony in your 'All About Me' picture? If so, she is very beautiful. I love her colouring!

    I hope that you, Mitchell, your mom, your dad, your dog and your pony are all having a great start to the new year.

    We'll look forward to blogging with you throughout the next month .

    See you online again, soon, I hope!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Alicia, I used to be a real owl staying up late to study. Now I have reversed my routine and I get up earlier. The one thing not to do is "burn the candle at both ends" otherwise we do not get enough sleep. Do you know how many hours of sleep you need? Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.