Sunday 30 December 2018

Visiting the Tundra

                                                     Visiting the Tundra

Dear Jordy
I have just visited the Tundra.  It is completely different to New Zealand with freezing temperatures and no plants anywhere in sight.  If you ever want to go to the Tundra I suggest you pack very warm gear.  The Tundra is a very quiet place where nothing really moves.  I am so missing New Zealand because of the wind in the trees and the sound of the birds fluttering past.
Love Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alicia,
    You certainly get around, the sea and now the tundra. What different a huge difference between these two ecosystems.
    Can you think of what they have in common?
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia!

    Cool letter, I am sure Jordy would have appriciated recieving it!

    Yeesh, freezing temperatures sounds rough to me - I am not fond of the cold, I don't know if I own enough warm clothes to survive Tundra! What do you think? Would you like to go somewhere that cold?

    I am wondering if you might have seen any wildlife while you were in Tundra? Any animals that we don't have in New Zealand?

    I like the way you have described the environment you were in, it definitely created an image in my mind of what Tundra could be like. I am not surprised that you miss New Zealand, it sounds very different from home! We are very lucky to have so much greenery around us.
    Hopefully you have been able to get out in it over your summer break?

    Good job on your letter home Alicia, looking forward to reading your next post!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.