Monday 24 December 2018

The pony/dolphin

                                                    The pony/dolphin


One day I was swimming in the crystal clear water when a two white ears popped out of the water. I looked at the white ears for a few minutes wondering what they were. Then, with a flick of it's dolphin like tail it was gone as fast as it had came. The next day when I came back I saw the two white ears bobbing in the water. Then the animal soared out of the water and onto the beach. The animal was taller than me and looked like a pony and dolphin mixed together. It had the head of a pony, a body of a dolphin and legs of a lion.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alicia,
    You are developing a wonderful technique with your writing of show don't tell. It helps me as the reader go forward and immerse myself in your writing. How about you ask mum and dad what immerse means?
    Cheers Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia

    Wow! I really liked reading your story about your fantastic beast. This would fit really well into the movie and I am sure the Newt would love to add this creature to his beasts.
    You have described it really well, I was wondering what was going to emerge from the water when you started the story with just the ears bobbing in the water. Then with the flick of the tail and it soaring onto the beach , it sounds amazing.
    I imagine that it runs very fast with legs like a lion?
    What does your pony/dolphin eat? Does it eat from the sea or from on the land?
    I would also really like to know what colour your beast is, and if they come in different colours?

    Great work Alicia, keep up the great work. I really enjoyed reading your piece of writing.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.