Wednesday 18 December 2019

Setting Sail - day 1

                                      Day 1 - Setting Sail   

            If I was invited to join Nainoa for three weeks at sea and was asked to pack my own food and there is NO fridge or nfreezer then I would take these foods:      

  1.  WATER - We need water to survive!  
  2.  Dehydrated meat - This would give you good protein.  
  3. Potatoes - Good filling food that doesn't go off. 
  4. Canned Tuna - Some more meat but must be kept in the can.
  5. Apples - A fruit. 
  6. Carrots - Good vitamins. 
  7. Pasta - Stays good for a while. 
  8.  Rice - Stays good for a looong time. 
  9. Dry apricots -  A dehydrated food. 
  10. Corn flakes - Good breakfast food. 
  11. Hard sweets -  A little treat food. 

          

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia,

    My name is Beren. I am a blog commenter from Auckland and I will be replying to your blog posts over the summer. I am really looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know more about you :)

    Wow, what a great list of foods! I love that you have explained why you would bring each food item as well, I think you will be more than prepared to survive the trip without a fridge. I like that you have also included sweets as an extra eleventh food. Healthy food are important, but sometimes you need a sweet snack to lift your mood.

    What is your favourite treat food? Personally, I love to have a little bit of chocolate with a hot drink. I just have to be careful not to eat too much haha! Well done on your first blog post for the 2019 Summer Learning Journey, I am excited to see more.

    Beren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia,

    I am signing off for the year now, but I will be back on the 6th of January to catch up on all your blog posts. Good luck, and enjoy your holidays!

    Beren

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.